9.12.2005

09.12.05 - my kankles are now gone.

oh yes. the swelling in my feet have now gone down and my feet look normal again. i'll spare you the details, but i guess all the fluid in my feet was caused by excess hydration and sodium. felt like i had a gallon of water in my feet. didn't hurt, just looked really bad.

so, got in rides every day last week except monday/tuesday as i was north of the border. feeling pretty recovered as i haven't done any major efforts on the bike since whistler.

got the bikes 95% together. the xtr built up bike will not get her new wheels for another two weekends when i go out to the shop for a super secret meeting before vegas. hmmmmmmmmmmm. should be interesting.

getting the race resume together and have a rough list of whom i am going to send them out to for next year. hoping to get this all in line before i head out to vegas for the interbike bike show.

for those of you whom don't follow the bike industry, interbike is pretty much "THE" industry show to be at in the states. every major supplier brings all their 2006 products out to show all the bike geeks - and you have to work for the industry to get in. everything from bikes to clothing to tires - anything and everything bike related. usually, the bike shops set up meetings with the companies to discuss things like supply/demand/pricing/etc. for me, it will be fun. for the guys at the shop -- well, for the most part it is work. most of their time will be spent meeting the guys whom they usually talk to on the other end a phone.

oh, and then their are the "things" to get you to come to their booths. some give little gifts - saddle bags, tools, coffee... some use other tactics.

like a scantly clad supermodel whom is hot and looks like she has never ridden a bicycle a day in her life.

so with that, i gotta run. getting ready for a double ride tomorrow.

sologoat out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Ernie, its Steve Schwarz. Congrats at worlds. I was psyched for you. I'm already thinking about next year. E-mail me offline at shwarzsteven@hotmail.com when you get a chance. I have some questions I'd like to ask you. Thanks man.

Anonymous said...

Crap, my e-mail address got messed up in the last message -- its schwarzsteven@hotmail.com. Man I gotta get a shorter e-mail address.

Jason said...

Enesto,

Congratulations on the finish at Worlds!

Past race info: buddy of mine e mailed my this link to some video
from Big Bear. http://hillbillyproud.com/24hour.htm
Quick shot of you and Steve on the podium towards the end.
Well done clip. Later.
Jason