10.16.2005

10.16.05 - first cross race o' the year

first cross race of the year.

one crash, 5 stops to fix my dropped chain, 5th place.

started out feeling ok, then i didn't. cross race is just super high tempo for an hour and my body is not really made for that. my heart rate gets so high i see double and my lungs want to burst. i had a good start, but i didn't start feeling good until about 15 minutes to go when i moved from 9th to 5th in about 4 laps. if i can hold on for 40 minutes, that is when most people snap and the enduro freak in me kicks in and i start motoring. i was just too far back this race.

had it been another hour long, i may just of won.

paul martin won.

in other news, nat ross ended up 2nd and sloane anderson was 6th at moab. cameron was back at 14th. looked to be an epic solo class with something like 50 riders? kind of bummed that i missed out on this race. next year, you will see me out there. location, location, location. moab is the just the meca of 24 hour races.

that's it, short post tonight. i may just get to sleep before 11. yipee!

sologoat out.

No comments: