3.02.2005

03.02.05 - my first asylum is born

after a 2 hour roller ride (wathed some indy film on IFC and then switched to the 2003 tour -- of course, had to watch a mountain stage) i pieced my asylum together.

she is a hardtail hand-me-down from an "x" speedgoat racer, not the full suspended's which should be soon to arrive at speedgoat's door.

parts were stolen off my old santa cruz.. sob.... :(

BUT - i have gone nutty and made the switch to disc brakes. avid mechanicals were choosen as the price was right and i wanted to make sure i liked them before i switch everything over to disks.

last year, i broke my hand. then to top it off, my hands were giving me issues - why? hmmmmm. could it be the huge hours i ride? maybe?

anyhoo, thought that the disks would save my hands a little, especially since whistler and the east coast enduro's are so darned rocky.

it's late - pics/details of her will be up tomorrow. nokon's, chris king and thompson... mmmm... bikes are so cool.

later...

sologoat out.

No comments: