3.12.2005

03.12.05 - 2005 tifosi quam 1.5

2005 tifosi quam 1.5
2005 tifosi quam 1.5,
originally uploaded by solo_goat.

Here are the details:
1. 3 colors to choose from (Crystal Clear, Crystal Black and Tortoise)
2. Glare Guard
3. De-centered Lens
4. 3 Lenses Included
5. 22 grams in weight
6. Vented Lens

Here is the review:
As I reviewed the Q2 not long ago (where I gave a huge thumbs up to the new De-Centered lens to prevent peripheral distortion), I am pleased to see that the same lens technology is incorporated into this model from Tifosi. And as an added bonus, this model is available for a “Direct Fit” which allows one to run a Direct Fit Prescription Lens. (At the Vegas show last year, the Tifosi reps said that the turn around is around 10 days or less for them to turn your prescription into one cool looking pair of shades).

The frame itself has undergone some changes from last years Quam 1.0 model. Most notably, the vented lens and the adjustable nose piece. The vented lens never fogged up during my 3 weeks of trying out the glasses and after only one adjustment of the nose piece, the glasses fit perfect and never moved - even during heavy perspiration.

3 lenses come standard, along with a nice carry case to hold your glasses and lenses both.

I raced with last years model all of the 2004 season and will attest to their durability and their function – the lenses and the frame stood the test at Whistler, Snowshoe and countless other enduro races.

I will also attest that their pricing is fantastic – a great company putting out a great product at an awesome price. AND – replacement lenses don’t cost an arm and a leg. Enough said.

Or is it?

This particular model is a proven babe magnet. Yep, yours truly on his very first day of wearing these glasses in a “non-riding” environment, experienced the power. Within a total span of 5 minutes, I was told I looked cute, the door was held open for me by a female (and she actually ran back to open the door for me) and the girl behind the counter at Starbucks gave me a big smile and huge chocolate chip cookie for free.

Either my mojo was strong or my Tifosi’s were working magic on the ladies.

Check them out at Tifosioptics.com for the details, and look for them at Speedgoat soon!


No comments: