3.27.2005

03.27.05 - sologoat went solo

solo ride today - no passengers were in tow for a 6+ hour ride today. got in some good mileage during the week, so my legs were a little tight this morning as i dragged my carcass out of bed.

got a late start - didn't start until almost 10:30am. legs felt tight when getting ready but as soon as i got them turning over on the k monkey, the loosened up pretty quick to the extent that they actually felt better today then the did yesterday.

pretty much rode steady, no efforts like i was doing yesterday, just trying to get in the hours today. rain hit at about 5 hours, so i picked it up a little as i was getting a little cold. walked in the door feeling i finally got a good solid week of training in.

rode the hike/bike trails today and i was surprised they were so dry this time of year. i can actually ride these trails from kent ohio all the way up to cleveland and only ride about 15-20 minutes of road. it's lame - it is a path, but one thing about a path -- no cars and the ego's that go along with them. earlier this week, a car was beeping at me like crazy when i was pretty much on the berm, and passed me on this little road with a tight corner -- the car was actually sliding all four wheels through the corner. i thought "crazy kids." i caught up to the car and it was two adults, probably in their early 50's.

guess my point here - people are stupid. be careful out there because people are not paying attention to a silly cyclist.

and now - i'll attempt a review of the vega....

gotta run - sologoat out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree with you about people in cars.
You gotta watch it. Why are motorists such dicks?? Why do they gun it and rev it hard when they pass as if to impress me? Should I be in awe of the
primer coated Nova?

Why did I see a pick up truck on my
Sat. road ride that had "I KILL DEER AT 70" spray painted on the back? And what the F does it mean??

I also wish I had a buck for everytime
my sexual preference was questioned by
a screaming motorist, as if because I ride a bike I MUST swing both ways. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But you get my point. Can't wait to get on the trails. But gotta get the miles in.

J.M.