3.31.2005

03.31.05 - busy as hell

whew - been a long week already.

things are changing for me at work (for the better) but i am running around like a madman getting things set up for the next phase of my work career. it is slightly chaotic considering i work 40-50 hours a week and still need to train.

but - i think i couldn't have it any other way. i have found that i do better in life in general when i have a thousand things going on at once. tell me i can't do it and it is suddenly my goal in life to proove you wrong.

so....

training - my super secret training schedule has me doing a TON of hours this week. workouts/rides are pretty much scheduled all the way to october for me. when work gets hectic, i already know my workout plan weeks ahead of time and can plan accordingly and adjust for it. otherwise, if you wait until last minute, it is too easy to skip one or two.

well enduro freak - you can't skip a lap or two during a race. no options - gotta train.

big excitement of the week will be this sunday as it is the first race for me of the year. it's a road race (yucky), but it is so close that i can ride to it, race and then ride some more. i often call my rides before and after as "bonus" rides - have to trick yourself sometimes. akron is great for these type of races - there will be about 5-6 of these types of days before any of my major races which is way cool. i go into these races with no expectations. if i do well, that is cool. if i don't, that is cool too. if you train for enduro's, then you have to live with the fact that your training schedule rules the world and often times you will have to train through a race. sacrifice the little races and reap the benefits of placing well at the big races.

gotta have goals. lemond once wrote down in a training diary when he was in high school that he wanted to win worlds. you and i are are no different than lemond, armstrong. diffferent goals, different people.

funny how life works out sometimes.

now go ride - it's above 50 degrees! yeah!

sologoat out

No comments: