5.04.2007

back to basics



remember the days of when it didn't matter what bike you were riding, as long as you were riding?

there was a time not so long ago when the majority of my bike parts came from kmart. my dad helped me take off 3 piece cranks with a wedge, a block of wood and a hammer.

my first ten speed was an experiment - i tore it apart, only to find that i couldn't figure out how to put it back together.

my first real bike was a bmx bike from haro called the fst (freestyle, street, track) - long story on this one, but my family still tells stories about this bike every christmas as my dad kept insisting i was getting a pinball machine and not a new bike.

after opening every present (except the "pinball machine") i opened up the box and couldn't of been more surprised.

i rode that thing into the ground - no suspension, no titanium, one gear.



skip forward a few years - a salsa mamasita 29er single speed. no suspension, some titanium (saddle) and one gear.

back to the basics - pedal, pedal, pedal.

sologoat out

2 comments:

Tyler said...

i had a haro fst as well. Was yours white with blue and teal decals, white mag wheels, and blue tires? That thing was the greatest.

SquidBuzz said...

So where to next?